Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
My mother in law is super good about the fact that the only meat I eat is seafood. She is always trying out recipes that she finds on us when we come for dinner and this is one of my favorites that she's made.
- 2 lbs large shrimp, uncooked, shelled, tail on
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced
- 3 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 tablespoons sesame oil
- 4 ounces rice wine
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- Mix all the marinade ingredients in a large zip-top plastic bag.
- Add shrimp to the bag and marinade 1-2 hours.
- Skwer the shrimp on water-soaked bamboo skwers (about 4-5 per skwer).
- Grill shrimp over medium heat until pink
Tasty, easy, what more to say?...
This is easy and delicious. I cut the amounts in half for three people, and I assumed rice wine meant rice wine vinegar. It turned out great. I skewered them and cooked them in a grill pan on the stove. Very nice flavor. Made for the Spring 07 PAC event. Thanks for posting!
This is a easy and quick marinade. The blend of ginger and garlic along with the sesame oil makes for a great tasting shrimp. The only change I made to the recipe as posted as substituting sherry for the rice wine. This was the suggestion from Zaar and it worked out great. Thanks for posting a great recipe.