Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
These are my all-time favorite moist and candy-like brownies, adapted from the My Most Favorite Dessert Company cookbook by Doris Schechter. It took a few tries to get the brownies just the way I like them, but I believe they are absolutely perfect!
- 1 cup flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 lb unsalted margarine, cut into pieces
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 extra large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3⁄4 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease an 11 x 7 inch baking pan.
- In a bowl combine the flour and salt, stirring to blend.
- In a double boiler over hot water, or in the microwave, combine the margarine and the coarsely chopped chocolate.
- Heat, stirring occasionally, until melted and shiny.
- Remove from heat and let the mixture cool to room temperature, stirring occasionally.
- Combine the sugar, eggs and cooled chocolate mixture.
- Beat on medium speed until well mixed.
- Blend in the vanilla.
- Turn off the mixer and add the dry ingredients at one time, and blend on low speed until incorporated.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula (refrain from licking, I know it's difficult).
- Stir in the dark and white chocolate chips.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and level the top.
- You make now like what's leftover in the bowl.
- Use your discretion how much you leave in the bowl.
- Bake for 30 minutes for fudgy brownies, a cake tester will come out with some batter on it.
- DO NOT OVERBAKE!
- Remove the pan from the oven to a wire rack and let it cool slightly.
- Keep covered with plastic wrap in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- These are also amazing frozen, just make sure you have a good dentist.
This recipe was easy to make. I didnt change anything except i didnt add the white chocolate chips because i thought they would be too sweet. I havent tasted them yet because they just came out of the oven but they have my house smelling lovely. No more box brownies for us. Thanks for the recipe.
If you like dense, fudgy, candy-like brownies this recipe is for you! I used 3 ounces of unsweetened chocolate (since I did not have semi-sweet) and 3 ounces of semi-sweet chips. Because I used the unsweeted chocolate I added 1/3 cup extra of sugar. I also baked this in a 9x9 pan. Don't forget to wait until they have cooled to cut them! I was so anxious to take a bite that I tried while they were still hot and quickly realized that I needed to wait:) I shared them with some colleagues at work and many people commented on their "fudgieness". I can't wait to try these with ice-cream on top!