1/1 Photo of My Most Favorite Brownies
These are my all-time favorite moist and candy-like brownies, adapted from the My Most Favorite Dessert Company cookbook by Doris Schechter. It took a few tries to get the brownies just the way I like them, but I believe they are absolutely perfect!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Grease an 11 x 7 inch baking pan.
- 3In a bowl combine the flour and salt, stirring to blend.
- 4In a double boiler over hot water, or in the microwave, combine the margarine and the coarsely chopped chocolate.
- 5Heat, stirring occasionally, until melted and shiny.
- 6Remove from heat and let the mixture cool to room temperature, stirring occasionally.
- 7Combine the sugar, eggs and cooled chocolate mixture.
- 8Beat on medium speed until well mixed.
- 9Blend in the vanilla.
- 10Turn off the mixer and add the dry ingredients at one time, and blend on low speed until incorporated.
- 11Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula (refrain from licking, I know it's difficult).
- 12Stir in the dark and white chocolate chips.
- 13Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and level the top.
- 14You make now like what's leftover in the bowl.
- 15Use your discretion how much you leave in the bowl.
- 16Bake for 30 minutes for fudgy brownies, a cake tester will come out with some batter on it.
- 17DO NOT OVERBAKE!
- 18Remove the pan from the oven to a wire rack and let it cool slightly.
- 19Keep covered with plastic wrap in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- 20These are also amazing frozen, just make sure you have a good dentist.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for My Most Favorite Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (1338 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 502.6
- Calories from Fat 276
- Total Fat 30.6 g
- Saturated Fat 11.8 g
- Cholesterol 48.7 mg
- Sodium 45.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 45.5 g
- Protein 5.6 g