Recipe by Mirj
These are my all-time favorite moist and candy-like brownies, adapted from the My Most Favorite Dessert Company cookbook by Doris Schechter. It took a few tries to get the brownies just the way I like them, but I believe they are absolutely perfect!
Top Review by amberluv29
This recipe was easy to make. I didnt change anything except i didnt add the white chocolate chips because i thought they would be too sweet. I havent tasted them yet because they just came out of the oven but they have my house smelling lovely. No more box brownies for us. Thanks for the recipe.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 lb unsalted margarine, cut into pieces
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 extra large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3⁄4 cup white chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease an 11 x 7 inch baking pan.
- In a bowl combine the flour and salt, stirring to blend.
- In a double boiler over hot water, or in the microwave, combine the margarine and the coarsely chopped chocolate.
- Heat, stirring occasionally, until melted and shiny.
- Remove from heat and let the mixture cool to room temperature, stirring occasionally.
- Combine the sugar, eggs and cooled chocolate mixture.
- Beat on medium speed until well mixed.
- Blend in the vanilla.
- Turn off the mixer and add the dry ingredients at one time, and blend on low speed until incorporated.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula (refrain from licking, I know it's difficult).
- Stir in the dark and white chocolate chips.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and level the top.
- You make now like what's leftover in the bowl.
- Use your discretion how much you leave in the bowl.
- Bake for 30 minutes for fudgy brownies, a cake tester will come out with some batter on it.
- DO NOT OVERBAKE!
- Remove the pan from the oven to a wire rack and let it cool slightly.
- Keep covered with plastic wrap in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- These are also amazing frozen, just make sure you have a good dentist.