1/3 Photos of My Most Coveted Secret: Herb-Garlic Butter Hamburgers on a Grill
This recipe is, quite honestly, my most coveted of all! Once you taste these wonderful grilled burgers, all other burgers will take a back seat to these for the rest of your life! I made these for my son about a year ago, and he insists on nothing else from the grill. Just wait and see...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped mixed fresh herbs (including parsley,basil,oregano,chives, or tarragon leaves)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup salted butter, softened
- 1Place all the herbs, garlic, pepper, and butter in a small mixing bowl and beat with a wooden spoon until slightly fluffy.
- 2(you can do the mixing with a or food processor) Place a 12" square piece of plastic wrap or parchment paper on your work surface and mound the flavored butter in the center.
- 3Roll herb butter into cylinder shape within plastic, twisting the ends to compress the butter.
- 4Chill the butter in the refrigerator or freeze until firm.
- 5Butter will keep for up to 5 days in the refrigerator or up to 3 months in the freezer.
- 6Burger Preparation: Make hamburger patties as usual, but for each one place your thumb in the middle and press an indentation almost through (but not quite) to the other side of the meat.
- 7Unwrap formed butter and cut crosswise into 1/4-1/2" discs. (You will be using approximately 4 tablespoons Herb-Garlic Butter per 1 1/2 pound of ground meat).
- 8Form hamburger patty fully around one butter disc, pressing gently to seal the disc into the dead center of the meat.
- 9(not too much pressing! It will make your burgers dense and tough) Place burgers on hot grill (preheated to high if using a gas grill).
- 10Grill burgers until cooked to doneness, (about 5 to 7 minutes per side for medium-done).
- 11Place burgers on a serving plate, add cheese, if desired, but do not serve for about 5 minutes, to allow flavors to fully meld.
- 12Brush buns with melted butter and toast on the grill for a few seconds.
- 13Serve with any toppings of your choice.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for My Most Coveted Secret: Herb-Garlic Butter Hamburgers on a Grill
Serving Size: 1 (179 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 455.9
- Calories from Fat 256
- Total Fat 28.5 g
- Saturated Fat 14.7 g
- Cholesterol 114.3 mg
- Sodium 415.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 26.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
mixed fresh herbs