Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
I have been eating oatmeal almost every day for months now and never get sick of it! There are a few variations..
- 1⁄2 cup rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon flax seed meal
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons real maple syrup
- 1⁄4 cup almond milk or 1⁄4 cup milk
- cook oatmeal according to package.
- add raisins near the end so they nice and plump.
- let it sit and get really thick, add flax now.
- stir in maple syrup and milk to get the consistency you want.
- *sometimes i add cinnamon, honey and banana instead.
- *other good additions are dried cranberries, diced apples, agave nectar, slivered almonds, pecans or dates.
Good way to make oatmeal. I made this as written with whole milk and added a banana on top. Thanks!
Made for Spring PAC 2008. This was good and easy to make. We love oatmeal in the morning and are always looking for new ways to make it. I followed the recipe as written other then I didn't add flax seed as I didn't have it. I also use the milk instead of almond milk. My boys and I enjoyed this for breakfast.