Recipe by chipsie loves to cook
This is the cookie recipe that I grew up with. Every time I make them good memories of cooking with my mom come to mind. Everyone who tastes them always want the recipe! Thank-you mom for another great recipe! xoxox
- 1 lb butter
- 4 cups packed brown sugar
- 4 eggs, well beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 6 cups oatmeal
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter brown sugar eggs and vanilla together.
- Sift salt baking soda oatmeal and flour together.
- Add dry ingredients to the creamed mixture.
- Add walnuts and coconuts.
- You can also add raisins and chocolate chips if you want.
- Drop spoonfuls of mixture on cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350°F for 8-10 minutes.
- Yield 12 dozen.