Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Sunday dinners at my MOM house was different food every Sunday
Make and share this My Mom's Sunday Pot Roast recipe from Food.com.
- Trim any excess fat from beef.
- Discard fat.
- Cut beef into serving-size pieces;season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Scrub potatoes.
- Cut scrubbed potatoes into quarters.
- Cut carrots and parsnip diagonally into 3/4 inch slices.
- Slice celery into 1 and 1/2 to 2 inch pieces.
- Place potato,carrot, parsnip,celery, onion and bay leaves in slow cooker.
- Sprinkle rosemary and thyme over vegetables.
- Arrange beef over vegetables in slow cooker.
- Pour broth over beef.
- Cover slow cooker and cook pot roast on low about 8 and 1/2 to 9 hours or until beef is fork-tender.
- Remove beef to large serving platter.
- Arrange vegetables around beef on the platter.
- Remove and discard bay leaves.
- Serve pot roast with juices from slow cooker or with gravy, if desired.