1 hr 15 mins
Phil Smith's Note:
This is my Mom's recipe. It's an easy dish to make. You can also cook this in the oven using a casserole dish at 400° covered for around 35-40 minutes, or you could cook in a Nesco style oven roster. You could also spice it up by using cayenne or crush red pepper flakes
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut tops off of peppers and remove seeds; set aside.
- 2In a large bowl mix chopped meat, egg, salt and pepper, then add the cooked rice.
- 3Add 1 can tomato soup to chopped meat mixture.
- 4Stuff all peppers with chopped meat mixture.
- 5Place stuffed peppers up side up into the Dutch oven.
- 6Place the rest of the tomato soup in the Dutch oven (you do not want to cover peppers – just enough to go a little above half way up the peppers).
- 7Cook at high until boiling.
- 8Simmer for around 1 hour or until meat is cooked through (basting occasionally).
- 9Serve over rice.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for My Mom's Stuffed Bell Peppers
Serving Size: 1 (875 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 514.9
- Calories from Fat 46
- Total Fat 5.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 70.5 mg
- Sodium 2270.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 109.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.8 g
- Sugars 46.8 g
- Protein 14.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: