Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is my Mom's recipe. It's an easy dish to make. You can also cook this in the oven using a casserole dish at 400° covered for around 35-40 minutes, or you could cook in a Nesco style oven roster. You could also spice it up by using cayenne or crush red pepper flakes
- 6 large red bell peppers or 6 large green bell peppers
- 2 lbs chopped meat (lean)
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 egg
- 4 (10 3/4 ounce) cans condensed tomato soup
- salt and pepper
- Cut tops off of peppers and remove seeds; set aside.
- In a large bowl mix chopped meat, egg, salt and pepper, then add the cooked rice.
- Add 1 can tomato soup to chopped meat mixture.
- Stuff all peppers with chopped meat mixture.
- Place stuffed peppers up side up into the Dutch oven.
- Place the rest of the tomato soup in the Dutch oven (you do not want to cover peppers – just enough to go a little above half way up the peppers).
- Cook at high until boiling.
- Simmer for around 1 hour or until meat is cooked through (basting occasionally).
- Serve over rice.