1/1 Photo of My Mom's Strufoli
1 hr 30 mins
This is a recipe thats been in my family for many generations! We always make this for Christmas! It's an old fashioned Italian tradition! There are many strufoli recipes on the Internet, but this is great because we add whiskey! Some people makes this in ball shapes, but we like the twisted stick shape!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix all dry ingred together.
- 2Mix all wet ingred together.
- 3Then mix both together. Mix til dough forms into a ball.
- 4Then knead dough for 5 minute
- 5Seperate dough into 3 equal pieces.
- 6Take a section of dough and roll out to 1/8 inch thick rectangle. Cut into 1/2"wide x 2"long strips.
- 7Twist the strips and set aside covered. Do this for all the dough.
- 8Deep fry at 375 degrees til golden brown. Blot on paper towels.
- 9To coat with honey put fried strufoli in a large pot. Drizzle on top with honey. Heat and toss til well coated. Place on a serving platter and sprinkle with nonpareils.
- 10THIS CAN ALSO BE BAKED INSTEAD OF FRIED. JUST TAKE THE CUT TWISTED STRIPS AND PLACE THEM ON A PARCHMENT LINED COOKIE SHEET. BAKE AT 375 DEGREES FOR ABOUT 10 MINUTES OR TIL GOLDEN BROWN AND CRUNCHY. THEN FOLLOW THE SAME DIRECTIONS TO COAT THEM WITH HONEY AND NONPARELIS.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for My Mom's Strufoli
Serving Size: 1 (56 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 200.1
- Calories from Fat 70
- Total Fat 7.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 52.8 mg
- Sodium 79.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 11.8 g
- Protein 3.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: