Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe is posted in response to a request. This is my Mom's recipe, which she has been making since she was a young bride in 1938. We love this recipe, and I hope you do too!
- 1⁄2 cup cream or 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons Miracle Whip (heaping)
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 head cabbage, finely shredded
- Mix together the cream and Miracle Whip.
- Add the vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper, mixing well.
- Pour over shredded cabbage, mixing well.
- Cover and let sit, in refrigerator, for at least 1 hour.
- Mix before serving.
- NOTE: Sometimes, just to make the salad stretch for company, she would add shredded carrots, or raisins.
Very tasty and creamy! I Used 6 cups (420 grams) shredded green cabbage, 1/4 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp. black pepper. I did add 1 tsp celery seeds. Although I was skeptical about the cream making the slaw runny, it didn't. I will be making this again and again. So very easy. Thanks for a very good recipe, Miss Annie.
This coleslaw had a nice flavor with a little bit of a ting. Made as written. Thanks Miss Annie. Bullwinkle.
I made this for New Year's Eve dinner with some roasted chicken. Everyone loved it. I made it the night before. I chop my cabbage pretty fine, so I would probably mix the sauce in 4 or 5 hours in advance. I also added a little more vinegar and salt. Thanks for a great recipe!