Recipe by Miss Annie
This recipe is posted in response to a request. This is my Mom's recipe, which she has been making since she was a young bride in 1938. We love this recipe, and I hope you do too!
Top Review by BeachGirl
Very tasty and creamy! I Used 6 cups (420 grams) shredded green cabbage, 1/4 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp. black pepper. I did add 1 tsp celery seeds. Although I was skeptical about the cream making the slaw runny, it didn't. I will be making this again and again. So very easy. Thanks for a very good recipe, Miss Annie.
- 1⁄2 cup cream or 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons Miracle Whip (heaping)
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 head cabbage, finely shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together the cream and Miracle Whip.
- Add the vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper, mixing well.
- Pour over shredded cabbage, mixing well.
- Cover and let sit, in refrigerator, for at least 1 hour.
- Mix before serving.
- NOTE: Sometimes, just to make the salad stretch for company, she would add shredded carrots, or raisins.