Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Very sweet, it tastes like caramel. Use unconverted rice, if not it does not cook.
Make and share this My Mom's Rice Pudding recipe from Food.com.
- Boil rice in water for 10 minutes. Drain and reserve.
- Mix milk and sugar in a saucepan and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Add rice and simmer an extra 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- The milk should have a light caramel color.
- Let it cool and the refrigerate.
I'm very sorry but I can't leave any stars for this recipe. I tried it first with the unconverted rice the recipe calls for, then with minute rice and then with medium grain rice. All 3 attempts failed turning out very soupy. Maybe the ingredients are just listed wrong.