1/1 Photo of My Mom's Raspberry Pie Filling
My Mom makes the best berry pie in the world. Her crusts are homemade with flour, water, and a great no trans-fat shortening. The filling is so easy it hardly warrants an entry but it's just so wonderful I had to share.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Crust (make 2)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup shortening, plus
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 2 -3 tablespoons cold water
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- 3Combine flour and salt in a medium bowl.
- 4Cut in shortening with either a fork or pastry blender.
- 5Sprinkle in cold water 1 teaspoon at a time until flour is moist enough to form a dough.
- 6On a lightly floured surface, role the ball of dough out into an 8 inch circle.
- 7Repeat above steps to make second crust.
- 8Place first crust into pie plate and set second crust aside
- 10Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- 11Pour mixture into a 8 inch pie plate lined with one crust.
- 12Lay other crust on top, trim edges and minutes.
- 13Bake at 425 for 30 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for My Mom's Raspberry Pie Filling
Serving Size: 1 (124 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 303.6
- Calories from Fat 96
- Total Fat 10.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 146.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 27.7 g
- Protein 3.1 g