1/1 Photo of My Mom's Raspberry Pie Filling
My Mom makes the best berry pie in the world. Her crusts are homemade with flour, water, and a great no trans-fat shortening. The filling is so easy it hardly warrants an entry but it's just so wonderful I had to share.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Crust (make 2)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup shortening, plus
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 2 -3 tablespoons cold water
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- 3Combine flour and salt in a medium bowl.
- 4Cut in shortening with either a fork or pastry blender.
- 5Sprinkle in cold water 1 teaspoon at a time until flour is moist enough to form a dough.
- 6On a lightly floured surface, role the ball of dough out into an 8 inch circle.
- 7Repeat above steps to make second crust.
- 8Place first crust into pie plate and set second crust aside
- 10Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- 11Pour mixture into a 8 inch pie plate lined with one crust.
- 12Lay other crust on top, trim edges and minutes.
- 13Bake at 425 for 30 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for My Mom's Raspberry Pie Filling
Serving Size: 1 (124 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 303.6
- Calories from Fat 96
- Total Fat 10.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 146.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 27.7 g
- Protein 3.1 g