Recipe by Tricia Foley
I am not sure where my mother got this recipe. These cookies are very yummy, I like to add extra cinnamon.
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (I sometimes double this)
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 cup canned pumpkin (or fresh)
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixing bowl cream sugar and shortening.
- Add egg, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger, mix well.
- Add flour, baking powder and soda. Mix well.
- Next mix in your pumpkin.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Drop by the Tablespoon full onto sprayed cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes at 350 degrees.