Recipe by Joan Aronberg
This recipe was my mom's and modified from a friend's recipe. I have found it to be moist for a pound cake and the mace gives it an unusual flavor. Everyone loves it.
- 1 1⁄2 cups margarine or 1 1⁄2 cups butter
- 3 cups sugar
- 5 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon mace (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter and sugar in mixer until well blended.
- Add eggs, one at a time and beat well.
- Add flour, alternating with the milk.
- Start with the flour and end with the flour.
- Lastly, add flavorings and baking powder by hand.
- (I found that the mace, although expensive adds to the taste).
- Bake in tube pan, greased and floured in 325 degree oven for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- When cool, wrap in Reynolds Wrap.