1/2 Photos of My Mom's Potato Salad
3 hrs 20 mins
Chef shapeweaver �'s Note:
To me, my mom made the best potato salad ever. When she passed away, I thought that it was gone forever. Well, after playing around with it, I decided that I should write it down so it wouldn't be lost. This is a plain potato salad, so if you want to perk it up go ahead. I like to use russet potatoes. The time for cooking eggs isn't included in cook time. Cook time is also chill time. Posted September 14th, 2005.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place potatoes in a large Dutch oven.
- 2Add enough water to cover potatoes, cover.
- 3Boil until fork tender, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- 4Drain; do not peel potatoes at this point.
- 5Place in "fridge" for about 30 minutes or until cool enough to handle.
- 6Remove from "fridge".
- 7Peel and cut into bite-sized pieces.
- 8In a large bowl, combine mayonnaise, pepper, salt, and sugar, mixing well.
- 9Add potatoes, making sure to coat all potatoes with mayonnaise mixture.
- 10Chill for about 4 hours, or overnight is better.
- 11Before serving, lay one sliced hard-boiled egg in circle in the middle.
- 12Sprinkle with paprika if desired.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for My Mom's Potato Salad
Serving Size: 1 (263 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 491.1
- Calories from Fat 218
- Total Fat 24.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 170.6 mg
- Sodium 676.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 14.2 g
- Protein 10.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: