Recipe by Chef Whitney
My mom has been making this soup ever since I can remember. Nothing is blended. This is my all time favorite soup. I hope you enjoy as much as I do! I also use about a table spoon of better than bouillon chicken base and you can also use fat free half and half and it doesnt take any flavor out and you can use as much or as little potatoes and leeks as you want
Top Review by FoodFromSicily
What a lovely soup. I added a diced onion and 2 cloves of minced garlic to the saute pan . I also added 1 teaspoon of celery seed and about 1/3 cup of white wine. My husband adores this soup and I've promised to make it for him often! Thank you Chef Whitney!!
- 2 leeks (white parts sliced and used only)
- 4 -6 potatoes, diced
- 1 (49 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon flour
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- in a large pot combine leeks and potatoes and flour and cook in butter until leeks are transparent.
- add chicken broth and cook until potatoes are fork tender, probably about 30 minutes depending on how big or little you cut your potatoes, stir occasionally to prevent sticking
- add half and half until the soup turns creamy color
- salt and pepper to taste.