Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is the best meatloaf, we always like to have extra glaze to serve with it at the table as well!
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄2-1 cup onion, chopped
- 4 slices white bread, chopped in food processor
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ketchup, enough to make paste
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- In large bowl mix beef, chopped onions, bread and half of the milk with hands.
- Slowly add the remainder of the milk if needed - too much will make the mixture to runny and it won't form the loaf.
- Shape into loaf and place in a glass 8x8 or 9x13 baking dish, I add just a little water to the bottom of the pan.
- Bake at 350* for 45 min, cover the top of the loaf with the glaze and finish baking for 15-20 min longer.
- Let the loaf sit 10-15 min before slicing.
This is the way to make meatloaf! No frills- just plain ol' homey kinda meatloaf. DH THOROUGHLY enjoyed this. Will be making this over & over. Thanks for this recipe. made for Spring PAC,2011.