Recipe by Connor's Mama
This is the best meatloaf, we always like to have extra glaze to serve with it at the table as well!
Top Review by kellychris
This is the way to make meatloaf! No frills- just plain ol' homey kinda meatloaf. DH THOROUGHLY enjoyed this. Will be making this over & over. Thanks for this recipe. made for Spring PAC,2011.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄2-1 cup onion, chopped
- 4 slices white bread, chopped in food processor
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ketchup, enough to make paste
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- In large bowl mix beef, chopped onions, bread and half of the milk with hands.
- Slowly add the remainder of the milk if needed - too much will make the mixture to runny and it won't form the loaf.
- Shape into loaf and place in a glass 8x8 or 9x13 baking dish, I add just a little water to the bottom of the pan.
- Bake at 350* for 45 min, cover the top of the loaf with the glaze and finish baking for 15-20 min longer.
- Let the loaf sit 10-15 min before slicing.