My Mom gave me the list of ingredients but she never measured, so I tested and tested and think I've finally duplicated her recipe. The proporation I use for salt is generally 1 teaspoon per lb; for pepper, 1/2 teaspoon per lb; for parsley, 1 teaspoon per lb. I find that meatballs, in general, will be softer if you complete the cooking in pasta sauce. Serving size is guess-timate. I've included the recipe # for my sister's sauce, and you won't be sorry you tried it.
- Break up the chuck in a large bowl.
- Add the beaten egg and mix together.
- Add the remaining ingredients and combine together.
- Using an ice cream scoop -- make meatball.
- Roll in bread crumbs (optional).
- Fry in olive oil till browned on the outside then drop into the sauce (Recipe #97268) to finish the cooking.
- Or, form into balls and drop into sauce to cook thoroughly.