1/1 Photo of My Mom's Meatballs
My Mom gave me the list of ingredients but she never measured, so I tested and tested and think I've finally duplicated her recipe. The proporation I use for salt is generally 1 teaspoon per lb; for pepper, 1/2 teaspoon per lb; for parsley, 1 teaspoon per lb. I find that meatballs, in general, will be softer if you complete the cooking in pasta sauce. Serving size is guess-timate. I've included the recipe # for my sister's sauce, and you won't be sorry you tried it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Break up the chuck in a large bowl.
- 2Add the beaten egg and mix together.
- 3Add the remaining ingredients and combine together.
- 4Using an ice cream scoop -- make meatball.
- 5Roll in bread crumbs (optional).
- 6Fry in olive oil till browned on the outside then drop into the sauce (Authentic Pasta Sauce) to finish the cooking.
- 7Or, form into balls and drop into sauce to cook thoroughly.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for My Mom's Meatballs
Serving Size: 1 (44 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 99.2
- Calories from Fat 59
- Total Fat 6.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 51.3 mg
- Sodium 49.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 7.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: