Prep 25 mins
Cook 55 mins
Mom worked and had a house full of picky eaters, so most of what she cooked was low fuss and no frills. You can add fennel seed or red pepper flakes to the sauce if you like.
- 453.59 g lean ground beef
- 14.79 ml onion powder
- 793.78 g jartraditional style spaghetti sauce
- 425.24 g can tomato sauce
- 4.92 ml italian seasoning
- 9 dry lasagna noodles (I cook a few extra just in case a noodle or two self destructs)
- 2 (340.19 g) packagedeli-style mozzarella cheese, sliced (you'll need 12 slices total)
- 59.14 ml grated parmesan cheese
- 226.79 g packageshredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, brown ground beef in a large skillet; drain fat.
- Sprinkle meat with onion powder.
- Add spaghetti sauce, tomato sauce and Italian seasoning.
- Mix well. Set aside.
- Drain noodles.
- Spray a 13 x 9 inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- Add a layer of sauce to pan.
- Top sauce with 3 lasagna noodles.
- Top noodles with more sauce.
- Top sauce with enough mozzarella cheese slices to cover in a single layer (6 slices).
- Top cheese with 3 more noodles, sauce, 6 more cheese slices.
- Top cheese with remaining 3 noodles and sauce.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Top Parmesan with the shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Bake 35 to 45 minutes (watch closely after 30 minutes to make sure cheese does not over brown).
- Let sit 10-15 minutes before serving.
my BF can't stand ricotta or cottage cheese, so this recipe was PERFECT for us. i used no-boil noodles and baked it for an hour - so easy and so delicious!
We loved this! I used lean ground turkey and doubled the meat. I also used no boil noodles which I wouldn't suggest for this. I cooked it for an hour,covered like the box said and they still weren't finished cooking all the way. I would use regular noodles next time. Even with the noodles not being all the way done my family was still oohing and ahhing. That's gotta say something! Thanks so much for posting this recipe!! Made for My 3 Chefs '08.