3 hrs 30 mins
I have had others, but this is the best. Add some garlic toast and you have a wonderful light meal--good for those cold nights!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 mild Italian sausage, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 small onions or 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes
- 42 ounces beef broth
- 1 1/2 cups red wine or 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 medium zucchini (2 med yellow squash also)
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- 1Cook sausage until lightly browned; drain off fat. Add garlic and onions and cook until onions are limp.
- 2Stir in tomatoes, broth and wine or water, basil, parsley and green pepper; simmer about 2 hours on low heat.
- 3Add zucchini (squash) and noodles about 20 minutes before serving.
- 4Add a sprinkle or two of Parmesan cheese on top of each bowl of soup. Serve with the garlic toast--yum, let's eat!
Browse Our Top Stocks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for My Mom's Italian Sausage Soup
Serving Size: 1 (511 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 259.3
- Calories from Fat 38
- Total Fat 4.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 14.9 mg
- Sodium 2337.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 10.0 g
- Protein 13.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
mild Italian sausage