Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I have had others, but this is the best. Add some garlic toast and you have a wonderful light meal--good for those cold nights!
- 1 1⁄2 mild Italian sausage, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 small onions or 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes
- 42 ounces beef broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups red wine or 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 medium zucchini (2 med yellow squash also)
- 1 1⁄2 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- Cook sausage until lightly browned; drain off fat. Add garlic and onions and cook until onions are limp.
- Stir in tomatoes, broth and wine or water, basil, parsley and green pepper; simmer about 2 hours on low heat.
- Add zucchini (squash) and noodles about 20 minutes before serving.
- Add a sprinkle or two of Parmesan cheese on top of each bowl of soup. Serve with the garlic toast--yum, let's eat!