Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
One of my favorite dinners growing up. Pure comfort food. We always had this served over rice.
Make and share this My Mom's Hamburger Stroganoff recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) cancampbell condensed golden mushroom soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- salt and pepper
- Brown ground beef, onion, and mushrooms in medium skillet.
- Season with garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Incorporate soup into beef mixture, add sour cream and heat through.
- Serve over rice.
Super easy to make and very tasty!!
Don't you love comfort food season! I needed to reduce the fat and this fit beautifully into an increasingly vegetarian. I used a pound of veggie "Ground Round" and replaced the sour cream with fat free plain yogurt. These 2 swaps provided a very hearty sized dinner with under 5 grams of fat in total and tasted wonderful. Plain steamed Jasmine rice was the ideal with it. Oh yes, and I used some fresh minced garlic for the powder. Thanks KelBel for a keeper recipe.
Simple and tasty. This has become a favorite in my house. My roommates and I love garlic, so I use a clove of fresh garlic in place of the garlic powder. I also serve it over egg noodles instead of rice.