Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
My mom could put together anything in her cabinets and always make it taste great. This was and always will be my all time favorite meal of hers. I wanted to post it so I wouldn't lose the recipe.
- 1 lb ground chuck, browned and drained
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 stalks celery, diced
- 1 (12 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 green pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄2 teaspoon marjoram
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- salt and pepper
- Mix all of the ingredients together except the noodles and cook until onion and celery are tender.
- Add this to 1-lb macaroni noodles or a package of egg noodles which has been cooked.
- in a separate pot according to directions.
- Add minced garlic with salt and pepper.
- Then add the Bay leaf and Marjoram in the last 30 minutes of cooking.
- Note: You can add your own spices to the mix as well.