Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
My mom and dad went to eat and a steak house in Dallas and this was their appetizer. So my mom surfed the net and came up with this one. My picky 3 old loves them.
- 1 lb fresh green beans, trimmed and cut to preferred length
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 tablespoon garlic powder
- oil (for deep frying)
- Wash and trim green beans; pat dry.
- Mix the flour, salt, pepper and garlic powder in a bowl.
- Dip the green beans into the buttermilk and then roll into the flour mixture.
- Deep fry until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels.
These were great! Tasted like the green bean fries from TGI Friday's. The seasoning is dead on, and they're so easy and quick to make! Thanks for posting---will be making again and again! Made for 2008 All New Zaar Cookbooks Tag.