1 hr 25 mins
This waws also on the forum. My Mom's fried chicken is very basic. she always fried hers in a cast iron skillet and fried it in a cast iron skillet. The amount of salt is approx.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash chicken pieces.
- 2Combine flour, salt and pepper in a paper bag.
- 3Add a few pieces of chicken at a time shaking to coat with flour.
- 4In a large cast iron skillet over moderate heat melt enough lard or vegetable shortening to measure about 1 inch deep.
- 5When cooking liquid has reached frying temperature you can see a little steam rising up.
- 6Cook chicken 30 minutes on each side.
- 7Lay cooked chicken on a paper towel lined platter and cover the top with paper towel also.
- 8this helps top keep the chicken from sweating and to stay crisp.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for My Mom's Fried Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (238 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 531.9
- Calories from Fat 314
- Total Fat 34.9 g
- Saturated Fat 9.9 g
- Cholesterol 160.4 mg
- Sodium 1312.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 39.2 g