Recipe by The Chillichick
A fluffy lemony cheesecake, that mom makes. If it doesn't get cracks in then its not right.
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 4 eggs, separated
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 lemon
- 2 limes
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- For the Graham Crust. mix flour, brown sugar and salt. Cut in butter with a pastry cutter. When fine and crumbly press into a 9 x 12 glass pan. Cook approx 25-30 minutes until tan/brown at 350 degrees.
- Let it cool, then crumble up and re-press into the pan. This is really fun to do with your hands, it's like playing in the sand!
- Juice the lemon and limes. Should make at least 1/2 cup.
- Cream together, cream cheese and sugar.
- Add sour cream, lemon/lime juice, egg yolks, salt and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl beat the eggs white until fluffy and fold in to the cream cheese mixture.
- Pour into the pan with the graham crust and bake at 375 approx 45 minutes. Check for doneness with a toothpick.
- Let it cool before cutting.