Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I think my husband may have married me in part b/c he loves my white rice, which is actually my Mom's recipe :) I make this in a rice cooker and it comes out perfect every time.
- Pour water and white rice in a rice cooker.
- Add butter and olive oil.
- Slice the garlic clove in half and add both halves.
- Slice a small onion in half and add the onion half to the rice cooker. (You can remove the onion half once the rice is done cooking, or it can be eaten.).
- Add salt.
- Cook in covered rice cooker.
I used my favorite rice, basmati, and this turned out fine. I was a bit confused about how to use the onion. I have never put 1/2 of an onion in rice without first chopping or dicing it. The instructions just state to add 1/2 onion, but doesn't state whether the half onion is to be left as whole wedge, or is it to be chopped. But I would probably use regular long-grain white rice the next time I make this rice dish anyway, because I didn't think the onion flavor meshed well with the basmati rice. Other than that, it was a good rice recipe. Thank you for sharing your recipe, Azriel31. Made for Spring 2012 Pick-A-Chef.