Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
My Mom has made this recipe for as long as I can remember. Everyone who has tried it has said it's the best banana bread they have ever tried, and they asked for the recipe. I hope everyone who makes it enjoys it as much as my family has.
- Preheat oven to 325.
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar and shortening, add bananas and mix well. Best when just mixed by hand with a spoon, not a mixer.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, baking soda and salt.
- Add flour mixture to the shortening mixture.
- Mix well to combine, adding the optional nuts or chocolate chips if desired. Then place in a lightly greased loaf pan. Glass seems to work the best. Have used other ones, and it didn't turn out as well.
- Place on rack in center of oven and bake for 1 hr and 15 mins.