Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
This is another recipe from the forum. My Mom sometimes used dumplings instead of noodles in her chicken.
- Sift flour , baking powder and salt into a mixing bowl.
- Pour in milk.
- Stir briskly with a fork just until ingredients are moistened.
- Drop the dumpling dough by tablespoonsful into boiling chicken broth.
- Cover and cook for 12 minutes.
- Don't remove lid during the 12 minutes.
- Your chicken and dumplings are ready to serve.
I ate these with Recipe #105818. I made 12 dumplings and ate 2. With the chicken, I was stuffed! They were also very easy to make. I did them seperately, and the pot I used was too small (3 qt). It kept boiling over and then I had to take the top off. I don't know if that effected the quality of the dumplings or not. I'll have to try it with a bigger pot next time! I made them with a "light" chicken broth (I used 1/2 broth, 1/2 water) and they were still very flavorful.