Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
I got this recipe from my mom. I don't know where she got it from. The key is the celery salt. The amounts are approximate as Mom always "eye-balled" everything.
- 12 hard-boiled eggs, peeled
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1⁄4 cup Miracle Whip
- 1⁄8 teaspoon celery salt, to taste
- Cut hard boiled eggs in half lengthwise and remove yolks.
- In a separate bowl mix yolks, mustard, Miracle Whip and celery salt into a fine paste.
- Fill egg whites with yolk mixture.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Chill at least 2 hours.
I have the same recipe, handed down from my mother, and her mother, and probably her mother.. I've tried many other deviled eggs, but none compare! The key really is the celery salt. I actually made these the other day, I had a random craving for them, and was going to post the recipe, but here it is! Good stuff.
My hubby loved them!..