Recipe by Darlene Summers
This is my mom's recipe. We don't usually measure anything, we just KNoW what to do; but a friend of mine requested I put this on my recipe site, so I have done so.
Top Review by STARTERWIFE
Darlene ,i have made so many of your recipes,this recipe,i have made for years,actually mixing the milk and vinegar makes buttermilk,(a perfect combo for salad) darn good recipe,hope everyone tries it,it is very good.Thanks,dear for posting.
- 1⁄2 head cabbage
- 2 medium carrots
- 1⁄2 small sweet onion
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3⁄4 cup Miracle Whip (may use fat free or light)
Directions See How It's Made
- Grate cabbage, carrots and onion.
- Mix together in large salad bowl.
- Put dressing ingredients together and mix till smooth; pour over cabbage and mix well till all is coated.
- Add Miracle Whip and some sweet pickle juice if more dressing is needed to cover well.
- Refrigerate till very good and cold.