Kathleen's Kitchen's Note:
My mom has probably made these cookies over a thousand times!! They're simple and delicious. Temp and baking time may vary, but just watch each batch and adjust as needed. ENJOY! Even the dough is good!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 - remember to adjust if your oven temp varies (I use 325).
- 2Cream together sugars and shortening;.
- 3blend in egg, vanilla and salt.
- 4Add half of flour - mix baking soda in with remaining flour, gently stir in with chocolate chips.
- 5Do not overmix, just enough to mix in flour.
- 6Roll into balls, small enough to fit 12-15 on a greased baking sheet (personally, I use my pampered chef bar pan - no greasing needed!).
- 7Squish down slightly, with fingers or fork.
- 8Baking time also varies - set timer for 10-12 minutes, watch carefully. You will probably need another few minutes, trust your excellent baking judgement! If you like crisp cookies, let them brown - chewy, take them out while they're still puffy in the centre! Let sit on the pan until set, lift off to cool on counter or rack.
- 9Cooled cookies or dough can be frozen in sealed freezer bags - just let thaw at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for My Mom's Chocolate Chip Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (533 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 163.7
- Calories from Fat 80
- Total Fat 8.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 14.1 mg
- Sodium 169.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 13.5 g
- Protein 1.5 g