Recipe by JollyChef
My mom always made chili this way and I have adopted it for my family. We all love it with some saltine crackers. The spaghetti is optional and you can really use any noodle you have on hand. This is very versatile. All ingredients are approx since I have never actually measured them before. Make to your taste. I will make this tonight and measure everything out and revise.
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb turkey or 1 lb chicken or 1 lb soy crumbles
- 3⁄4-1 cup salsa
- 12 ounces spaghetti noodles (what pasta you have on hand)
- 2 teaspoons chili powder (to taste)
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry the ground beef in a skillet until done.
- Put ground beef in a large saucepan and add diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, kidney beans, salsa and chili powder.
- Simmer ingredients until boiling and then add the noodles. Taste to make sure chili powder is enough.
- Cook until noodles are done to your liking. Approx 10 minute.
- Ladle into bowls and enjoy.