1/2 Photos of My Mom's Cheesecake
1 hr 20 mins
This is the best cheesecake I've ever had. I know everybody says that about their mom's baking, but this time its absolutely true! :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 eggs, separated (extra large or jumbo)
- 295.73 ml sugar
- 59.16 ml self-rising flour (heaped spoons)
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 236.59 ml light sour cream
- 680.38 g fat free cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 packet vanilla instant pudding mix
- orange zest
- 1Preheat oven 325 degrees, butter a 9inch springform pan.
- 2whip egg whites with 3/4 cup sugar ntil very stiff.
- 3Put aside combine yolks, remaining sugar (1/2 cup), flour, vanilla, sour cream, cream cheese, and 1/2 of the instant pudding powder, and mix until smooth.
- 4I use the mixer for this.
- 5gently fold whipped whites into cheese mixture and add the orange peel.
- 6pour into prepared pan, and bake until top is almost golden but not quite, and the cake is quite firm.
- 7In my oven it takes about 40-50min.
- 8Remove from oven and let rest.
- 9Cool completely.
- 10I normally cool overnight before topping, best to keep in the fridge.
- 11to prepare topping-- whip milk+cream+remaining pudding powder until stiff.
- 12Pour over the cake and keep in the fridge.
- 13Before serving you could top with berries or other fruits sprinkled with powder sugar.
- 14It is best to serve this cake at room temperature and I normally take it out of the fridge at least an hour before serving.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for My Mom's Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (164 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 211.0
- Calories from Fat 40
- Total Fat 4.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 81.7 mg
- Sodium 437.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 25.0 g
- Protein 11.1 g