Prep 5 mins
Cook 6 mins
My mom makes this recipe all the time, as far back as I can remember. She got it from a neighbor who was from mexico. Everyone loves this simple recipe. Does not include marinating time.
- 3 lbs flap meat, skirt steak, flank steak
- 1⁄2 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- fresh ground black pepper (I use about 20 grinds)
- shredded cheese
- shredded lettuce
- chopped tomato
- chopped onion
- hot sauce
- lime wedge
- Place meat, soy sauce, garlic and pepper in a resealable bag.
- Marinate for at least 4 hours.
- Grill 3 minutes or longer depending on thickness on each side.
- Let rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Serve with tortillas and toppings.
Very good, we grilled this and enjoyed left overs the next day