1/1 Photo of My Mom's American Chop Suey
My mom used to make this all the time. She gave me the recipe one night when I was trying to use up some hamburg. It is something quick to throw together.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook Elbows according to package directions.
- 2Drain and set aside.
- 3In a large skillet, brown the hamburg, onion and garlic together until the hamburg is done.
- 4Drain off the fat, return to skillet and add in the can of tomatoes.
- 5Add the oregano and salt, bring to a boil and then lower heat to a simmer.
- 6Let simmer for 30 minutes to blend flavors.
- 7After 30 minutes, add the elbows to the hamburg mixture and stir to coat.
Browse Our Top Elbow Macaroni Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Elbow Macaroni Recipes
Nutritional Facts for My Mom's American Chop Suey
Serving Size: 1 (208 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 350.6
- Calories from Fat 67
- Total Fat 7.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 38.0 mg
- Sodium 401.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 20.0 g