My mom used to make this all the time. She gave me the recipe one night when I was trying to use up some hamburg. It is something quick to throw together.
- Cook Elbows according to package directions.
- Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet, brown the hamburg, onion and garlic together until the hamburg is done.
- Drain off the fat, return to skillet and add in the can of tomatoes.
- Add the oregano and salt, bring to a boil and then lower heat to a simmer.
- Let simmer for 30 minutes to blend flavors.
- After 30 minutes, add the elbows to the hamburg mixture and stir to coat.