Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
My mother truly is an amazing cook! I only hope someday to cook as good as she does. She has that special touch moms have.
- 1 (16 ounce) baggoya 16 beans
- 5 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 6 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup of finely chopped fresh parsley
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 6 -8 garlic cloves, sliced in half
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons Vegeta
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- salt and pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- Wash the beans thouroughly and drain. Add the beans to a large stock pot. Add the garlic, rosemary, parsley and thyme. Add the stock and water, bay leaf, vegeta, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Stir all ingredients. Cover and bring to a boil. Add olive oil and stir well. Lower heat to medium. Keep covered and cook for approx 1 1/2-2 hours. Stir every 15 minutes or so. (You can cream the soup with an immersion blender or in your blender if you desire) Serve immediately with a peice of hearty bread.
- Read more at: http://www.food.com/members/subm/editr2?oc=linkback.