Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
A very easy way to wow your guests! Light and crispy, this chicken dish is sure to please...
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 8 sheets phyllo dough, thawed
- melted butter
- 4 pieces roasted red peppers
- 4 pieces asiago cheese or 4 pieces provolone cheese
- 8 spinach leaves
- extra virgin olive oil
- Pan sear the chicken in EVOO that has been seasoned with salt and pepper.
- Coat one sheet of phyllo with butter and place second sheet of phyllo on top and coat with butter. Repeat this step until you have used all the phyllo. You should have 4 piles each with 2 sheets of phyllo.
- Cut chicken in half, and stuff with cheese, spinach and peppers.
- Place each chicken breast in middle of phyllo and fold up to make a packet.
- Brush outside with butter.
- Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes, phyllo should be brown and crispy.
- Serve with garlic mashed potatoes and enjoy!
We just ate this for dinner. Good recipe idea. However, it needs some seasoning. Be sure to add your favorite seasoning to the chicken/pepper/cheese combination before wrapping it up in phyllo dough.
wow what a beautiful , impressive entree!! Served this for guests for Sunday Lunch, my guests were impressed and wanted the recipe. Very delicious and very pretty served cut diagonally in half. I made 6 and instead of butter used veggie spray to cut down on the calories a wee bit. Used what I had in for the cheeses old sharp cheddar and Parmesan. With the roasted red peppers and spinach it was a very tasty combination of flavours. The crispy crunch of the Phyllo is perfect. I hate to admit it but I forgot to add the salt and pepper to the oil so sprinkled sea salt and freshly ground pepper on top of the packages; turned out wonderful. A lovely entree to serve anytime to guests, thanks for posting, I will be making this again!!