Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is my mom's recipe, although it is not exact because she never made anything the same. But, this is how I make it and we eat it at least 3 times a month because it is so tasty and a snap to make!
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans chili beans (I use Brook's, one can of Mild and one can of Hot & Spicy)
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Cook onion, celery, and ground beef in large saucepan over medium heat until beef is cooked and celery and onion are tender, drain.
- Add onion, celery, and ground beef back into saucepan.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer 20 minutes.
- Serve with crackers, melted cheese, sour cream, or whatever sounds good.
Wow!! This was awesome chili! Easy to make and the kids gobbled it up. We put shredded cheese and a sprinkle of tabasco on ours. Thanks, one can never have too many chili recipes!