i learned this recipe watching my mom make it & she never used measuring cups just a big spoon to pile it all together, so forgive me if the measurements aren't quite exact as i dont use measuring cups when making this either. the only changes i made to my mom's recipe was to add a can of chopped olives, a bit of garlic & dill & i now use dill relish so i don't have to dice up a bunch of pickles...besides i think the pimento in the relish gives it something extra (when using the relish, dont bother draining the juice out, it gives it a tang that my family dies for). i dont use celery because i dont like the taste but if you want a little crunch to your salad you can dice up some cucumber after scraping out the seeds.
- partially peel potatoes & boil in a large pot of salted water until soft, drain & let cool (Iï¿½ll sometimes throw them in a bowl in the freezer to speed up this process.).
- bring eggs to a rolling boil, cover & remove from heat. let stand, covered, for 15 minutes. drain & let cold water run over until cool. peel & dice pretty small.
- dice potatoes into 1 inch cubes & put in a large serving bowl.
- layer remaining ingredients on top of potatoes in the order written.
- After spreading everything evenly over the potatoes, gently combine all ingredients with a wooden spoon. ï¿½you only want to stir once so the potatoes donï¿½t break up too much.
- cover & refrigerate for at least 4 hours. remove from fridge & add more mayo if necessary. (potatoes will soak up some of the mayo while chilling.).
Delicious! I added about 1 tbls. of sweet relish too! I halved the reciope easily. Thanks! Made for My 3 Chef's event!