1/1 Photo of My Momma's Potato Salad (With My Personal Touch:)
i learned this recipe watching my mom make it & she never used measuring cups just a big spoon to pile it all together, so forgive me if the measurements aren't quite exact as i dont use measuring cups when making this either. the only changes i made to my mom's recipe was to add a can of chopped olives, a bit of garlic & dill & i now use dill relish so i don't have to dice up a bunch of pickles...besides i think the pimento in the relish gives it something extra (when using the relish, dont bother draining the juice out, it gives it a tang that my family dies for). i dont use celery because i dont like the taste but if you want a little crunch to your salad you can dice up some cucumber after scraping out the seeds.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1partially peel potatoes & boil in a large pot of salted water until soft, drain & let cool (Iï¿½ll sometimes throw them in a bowl in the freezer to speed up this process.).
- 2bring eggs to a rolling boil, cover & remove from heat. let stand, covered, for 15 minutes. drain & let cold water run over until cool. peel & dice pretty small.
- 3dice potatoes into 1 inch cubes & put in a large serving bowl.
- 4layer remaining ingredients on top of potatoes in the order written.
- 5After spreading everything evenly over the potatoes, gently combine all ingredients with a wooden spoon. ï¿½you only want to stir once so the potatoes donï¿½t break up too much.
- 6cover & refrigerate for at least 4 hours. remove from fridge & add more mayo if necessary. (potatoes will soak up some of the mayo while chilling.).
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for My Momma's Potato Salad (With My Personal Touch:)
Serving Size: 1 (192 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 254.4
- Calories from Fat 98
- Total Fat 10.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 90.7 mg
- Sodium 473.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 6.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: