Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook3 hrs 30 mins
My mom is always asked to bring this dessert to a get-together, she has NEVER had any complaints!! cook time=chilling time
- Combine 1 c.
- juice from pears and pkg.
- Heat on stove till boiling.
- Chill until partially set (1/2-1 hour) Take pears and cream cheese and blend in blender till smooth (no chunks).
- Take out of blender and add jello mixture and cool whip.
- Blend w/a spoon.
- Keep in refrigerator until set, about 3 hours.
I really like this. It was different from other jello salad recipes that I have had...I made sure that my cream cheese was at room temp before attempting to blend it with the pears and I didn't have any problems.
This is good stuff! I used orange jello since I had it on hand. There was not quite 1 cup of juice in the can of pears so I added water to it until there was one cup...maybe 2 or 3 tablespoons. I don't know if it was my blender or what, but I had to add some water to get the pear and cream cheese to blend properly. The end result in this recipe is a very good dessert side dish. Thanks Katrina!