Recipe by ..tiffany..
Lemon bars from the kitchen of my mommy.
Top Review by Kalija
I made these for a Christmas party tonight. I'm thinking I should have made a double batch since I've already eaten three... these are yummy and so very easy. I used 3 lemons which was a little over 6 tablespoons of juice. Thanks for the recipe - I will make these again for sure!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup melted butter
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 4 well-beaten eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix crust ingredients together.
- Pat mixture into a 9x13-inch pan.
- Bake 20 minutes at 350°F.
- While crust is baking, combine these filling ingredients first: beaten eggs, sugar, and lemon juice.
- Gradually add flour and baking powder to the mixture.
- Mix well until "frothy".
- Immediately after taking crust out of oven, pour in filling.
- Bake 20-25 minutes at 350°F
- Tip: Watch filling at 20 minutes – it should turn a little brown spotted on top, but not a lot.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar when cool.