Prep 8 mins
Cook 40 mins
Lemon bars from the kitchen of my mommy.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup melted butter
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 4 well-beaten eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons flour
- Mix crust ingredients together.
- Pat mixture into a 9x13-inch pan.
- Bake 20 minutes at 350°F.
- While crust is baking, combine these filling ingredients first: beaten eggs, sugar, and lemon juice.
- Gradually add flour and baking powder to the mixture.
- Mix well until "frothy".
- Immediately after taking crust out of oven, pour in filling.
- Bake 20-25 minutes at 350°F
- Tip: Watch filling at 20 minutes – it should turn a little brown spotted on top, but not a lot.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar when cool.
I made these for a Christmas party tonight. I'm thinking I should have made a double batch since I've already eaten three... these are yummy and so very easy. I used 3 lemons which was a little over 6 tablespoons of juice. Thanks for the recipe - I will make these again for sure!
I love your Mom's recipe. I follow it to a tee, except I leave crust in oven maybe about 10 minutes longer for more browner crust! Other than that, it is perfect, and I am making them yet again for our family Christmas party 2010. Thank for sharing!
I made these Lemon Bars yesterday for a BBQ that we were invited to. I thought they sounded light enough to bring to my neighbors for desert. While I was cutting the bars, my husband came in and was curious so I gave him a taste....He didn't want me to bring them next door. I kept 6 of the 32 pieces it yielded. Everyone loved them. I know I will make these again and again and again. Thanks to you and your mom!!!