Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
My mom has the amazing ability to turn the mundane into something awesome. Never fail, one of my 5 brothers or sisters would ask for this every night. Simple, Tasty, Attractive and goes with just about anything. You can adjust the amounts to your liking as potatoes come in all sizes. Southern all the way!
- 5 medium potatoes (White or Red)
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 cup fresh parsley (Adjust to your liking)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Peel Potatoes (do not peel if using Red Potatoes) and cut into chunks.
- Boil Potatoes until tender.
- Drain and Stir in remaining ingredients (If using Red Potatoes mash about 3/4 Cup of them before mixing).
I liked these, but I thought that they had a little too much sour cream. I will try about 1/3 cup next time so that the flavor of the potatoes comes out more. Otherwise, we really liked these and will be making them again.
I made this for St. Patrick's day 2010 and it was a hit. No left overs. I will make this again soon. Thank you for sharing NcMysteryShopper!
These were pretty good, but next time, I think I will reduce the seasonings and maybe add a little milk to make them softer and more moist. Thanks!