I posted a few of my Mom's recipes in the community forum My Mom's best Meal and was asked by Bergy to posted them on Zaar. I had to measure out the ingredients to get the amounts because my Mom "eyed" everything. I didn't include the time it takes for me to prepare the noddles or to roll them out and the rest of the times may be off a little as well because i haven't timed how long it takes for the dish to re heat for serving.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put chicken into a 6 quart pan and cover with water.
- 2Add salt ( you can add up to 2 tablespoons salt but that is a little to much salt for me.)
- 3Boil chicken until tender about 1 hour. Remove chicken from bones.
- 4Set aside.
- 5Cool broth and skim off fat.
- 6The Noodles: Combine eggs, milk and salt.
- 7Add flour to make a stiff dough.
- 8Roll dough very thinly on a floured surface.
- 9Let noodles rest for 20 minutes.
- 10Roll dough up loosely and cut into 1/4 inch thick slices.
- 11Unroll slices and lay out flat.
- 12Let dry for 2 hours.
- 13Bring broth to a rolling boil again.
- 14Drop in the a few noodles at a time into the boiling broth.
- 15When the last noodle is dropped start cooking time.
- 16Cook for about 6 minutes.
- 17Take pan off heat and return the deboned chicken to the broth.
- 18Stir gently.
- 19Place lid on pan and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 20Rewarm the dish without bringing it to a boil before serving.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for My Mom" Chicken and Noodles
Serving Size: 1 (380 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 884.1
- Calories from Fat 361
- Total Fat 40.1 g
- Saturated Fat 11.7 g
- Cholesterol 303.1 mg
- Sodium 2541.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 72.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 52.8 g