Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I posted a few of my Mom's recipes in the community forum My Mom's best Meal and was asked by Bergy to posted them on Zaar. I had to measure out the ingredients to get the amounts because my Mom "eyed" everything. I didn't include the time it takes for me to prepare the noddles or to roll them out and the rest of the times may be off a little as well because i haven't timed how long it takes for the dish to re heat for serving.
- Put chicken into a 6 quart pan and cover with water.
- Add salt ( you can add up to 2 tablespoons salt but that is a little to much salt for me.)
- Boil chicken until tender about 1 hour. Remove chicken from bones.
- Set aside.
- Cool broth and skim off fat.
- The Noodles: Combine eggs, milk and salt.
- Add flour to make a stiff dough.
- Roll dough very thinly on a floured surface.
- Let noodles rest for 20 minutes.
- Roll dough up loosely and cut into 1/4 inch thick slices.
- Unroll slices and lay out flat.
- Let dry for 2 hours.
- Bring broth to a rolling boil again.
- Drop in the a few noodles at a time into the boiling broth.
- When the last noodle is dropped start cooking time.
- Cook for about 6 minutes.
- Take pan off heat and return the deboned chicken to the broth.
- Stir gently.
- Place lid on pan and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Rewarm the dish without bringing it to a boil before serving.