Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I have been making this recipe for about 4 years now and it is delicious. I recently took a loaf to my Mom, who is an excellent cook. A few days later, she called me asking for the recipe. She couldn't stop raving about how delicious it was and to me, that says a lot. Hope you enjoy it.
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3⁄4 cup margarine, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2-1 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup shredded coconut
- Combine first 6 dry ingredients.
- In another bowl, beat margarine and sugar until well blended.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Stir in vanilla and zucchini.
- Add dry ingredients and milk alternately.
- Mix well.
- Stir in nuts and coconut.
- Pour batter into 2 greased loaf pans.
- Bake at 350 for approximately 1 hour.
- Makes 2 loaves.
Excellent. Very moist.
I have this recipe but I don't put cinnamon in it. It changes the taste. And instead of vanilla I put cherry extract in it. Excellent !
I didn't use coconut as that is not an acceptable ingredient in my household. However, I did put in the one cup of chopped pecans. The next time I would add another teaspoon of cinnamon and then it would truly be a five star recipe. This is a very moist loaf. I also used smaller loaf pans and this made four small loafs and I baked them for only 45 minutes.