Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
I LOVE green bean casserole...I HATE leftovers. This recipe can serve as a side dish for two or as a whole meal for one. If you want you can leave out the mushrooms and substitute for cream of celery. However, I really like mushrooms. Some people may also like to sprikle some french's dried onions on top, but once again, it is not my thing.
- 1 (15 ounce) can green beans (french cut or your preference)
- 4 ounces white mushrooms (half of the small 8oz pack)
- 0.5 (10 ounce) can 98% fat-free cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- Chop mushrooms and stick them in microwave-safe bowl. Cover and cook on high for about two minutes or until mushrooms are done.
- Add half of the can of soup and stir to combine.
- Open can of green beans and pour in about half of the liquid from the can. Drain the rest.
- Add the green beans and ground black pepper and stir well.
- Put into small casserole dish and place in over for about 35 minutes.
- Turn the oven off and let stand for five more minutes.
Excellent for me, not too much, not to little easy-peasy to make I made my own french fried onions however very tasty