Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
i know there are tons of these recipes on zaar but i like mine best so i want to post for convenience sake. lots of veggies in this one guys! i usually will add a cup of red wine after i saute the onion & garlic to deglaze the pan. this is a really easy & cheap dish that you can make tons of to freeze for lunches or quick meals.
- 44.37 ml olive oil
- 236.59 ml white onion, minced
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 453.59 g ground turkey
- 1419.54 ml beef broth or 1419.54 ml vegetable broth
- 3 roma tomatoes, peeled & diced
- 2 celery, chopped
- 4 mushrooms, sliced
- 411.06 g can diced tomatoes
- 113.39 g ketchup
- 59.14 ml fresh basil, chopped
- 7.39 ml fresh parsley
- 7.39 ml oregano
- 7.39 ml salt
- 2.46 ml black pepper
- 2.46 ml thyme
- 236.59 ml hot water
- 946.36 ml spinach
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced & halved
- 2 (822.13 g) can kidney beans, drained
- 411.06 g can great northern beans, drained
- 177.44 ml small shell pasta
- In a large pot sauté onion, garlic & carrots in the oil for 5 minutes or until onions are soft.
- Add meat & brown until partially cooked.
- Add broth, tomatoes, celery, mushrooms, canned tomatoes, paste and spices to the pot.
- Bring soup to a boil then reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add hot water, zucchini, beans, and pasta and cook for an additional 20 minutes add spinach the last 5 minutes & cook til soft or until desired consistency.