Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
i know there are tons of these recipes on zaar but i like mine best so i want to post for convenience sake. lots of veggies in this one guys! i usually will add a cup of red wine after i saute the onion & garlic to deglaze the pan. this is a really easy & cheap dish that you can make tons of to freeze for lunches or quick meals.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup white onion, minced
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 6 cups beef broth or 6 cups vegetable broth
- 3 roma tomatoes, peeled & diced
- 2 celery, chopped
- 4 mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 4 ounces ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1⁄2 tablespoon fresh parsley
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1 cup hot water
- 4 cups spinach
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced & halved
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans kidney beans, drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can great northern beans, drained
- 3⁄4 cup small shell pasta
- In a large pot sauté onion, garlic & carrots in the oil for 5 minutes or until onions are soft.
- Add meat & brown until partially cooked.
- Add broth, tomatoes, celery, mushrooms, canned tomatoes, paste and spices to the pot.
- Bring soup to a boil then reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add hot water, zucchini, beans, and pasta and cook for an additional 20 minutes add spinach the last 5 minutes & cook til soft or until desired consistency.