This is great for the holidays!
Make and share this My Mincemeat recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 lb beef (minced)
- 1 lb granny smith apple (peeled, cored, chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 3⁄4 cup golden raisin
- 1⁄2 cup dried currant
- 1⁄4 cup candied citron peel
- 1⁄4 cup candied fruit
- 1 tablespoon quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons apple juice
- 1⁄4 cup dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground mace
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- Combine all in a crockpot.
- Cover. Cook on low for 10 hours.
substitute venison, elk, or caribou for the beef and you might have something.
This was good. I substituted vegetable oil for the butter, and used wine instead of the sherry and brandy.
This is the first time I made mincemeat with 'meat'. I prepared it for Bergy's -" BEYOND BURGERS, GROUND / MINCED MEAT" It is an easy recipe, smells wonderful as it simmers on the stove, I added additional apple juice as required and increased the cinnamon to two teaspoons. I like the taste of the finished product, but not the texture with the minced beef. It took about two hours to simmer on the stove top. Worth a try!!