Prep 45 mins
Cook 40 mins
I came up with this when I was in a hurry and did not have much in the pantry or fridge. I was very surprised and how well it turned out and have made it several times since then! Prep time includes cooking time for boiling chicken.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- tony creole seasoning
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup milk (depends on how thick you want the "sauce" Cayenne Pepper (optional)
- tortilla chips
- monterey jack cheese
- Boil chicken in salt, pepper and Tony's (as much or as little as you like depending on your taste) until done.
- When chicken is done drain and cut into bite size pieces when cool.
- In a large bowl, mix well the cut up chicken, taco seasoning, corn, mushroom soup and milk (also add cayenne to taste if using).
- Pour into a greased 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Top with chips that have been crushed (as much or as little as you want for a"crust").
- Cover and bake at 350º for about 30 minutes.
- Uncover and sprinkle with cheese and bake until cheese melts.
It was quick, cheap, and VERY delicious. we needed an new way to cook chicken and this was it! My two year old also loved it and we ate almost the whole casserole in one sitting. Thanks for sharing the recipe. "5 Stars"
This was my first recipe for the Pick A Chef. I really enjoyed it! I think it could use a side of spanish rice to mix it with next time I make it. My 2 yr old enjoyed it and I would say its a kid friendly meal. Used a bunch of cheese on top. I think that tortilla chips on the side would be good too! Thanks for a great recipe!